11/28/10

Clean as a whistle

I had this dream recently where my doctor woke me from my colonoscopy exam and directed me to look at a high definition monitor up on the wall of the operating room. I was still a little groggy so it took a moment for me to realize that this was a live shot and that the camera was still inside of me. The doctor pointed to the screen and said, "just look at that." When my eyes came into focus I saw clearly what had him so disturbed. There, clinging to the walls of my colon, were hundreds of small colorful emoticons: smiley faces, sad faces, crying faces, winks, devil grins, puckered lips, the whole kit and kaboodle. "Wow," I said, "I had no idea. So this is where they end up." The doctor just shook his head. "It's going to take me all day to clean up in here," he grumbled. I watched as he got back to work, plucking a Facebook "thumbs up" emoticon from a dimly lit crevice of this heretofore uncharted territory. This place where the sun doesn't shine.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

;)

Roberta said...

That's a lot better than my camel toe dream

Mike said...

Have you been swigging emoticons again?

Jack said...

Roberta, I'm guessing that dream falls in the "don't ask, don't tell" category ;-) Oops, there's another emoticon down the hatch.

Anonymous said...

Dear Peeling Wallpaper,

My name is Barbara O’Brien and I am a political blogger. Just had a question about your blog and couldn’t find an email—please get back to me as soon as you can (barbaraobrien(at)maacenter.org)

Thanks,
Barbara